Little Parndon

Little Parndon was built 1862 and renovated 1866 for Eugene von Guerard. Acquired in 1939 as a townhouse for Lord and Lady Casey ¬†and renovated in the 1950’s; the house was unchanged but by use and the passage of time until acquired in 2013 by the current owners, Past owners’ reputations and the building’s presence reinforced heritage overlays that included the unusual protection of 1950’s interior design scheme. The project required a respect for the deep history of the property while sensitively adding contemporary requirements such as light, warmth, improved circulation and renewed elegance to a fading hearth of rich creativity.

Photography, Sharyn Cairns